Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break 2011

The kids and I went to visit grandma, papa, and the rest of the family this past week. Spring Break finally showed up and it came just in time. Aaron had to stay home to work so I was on my own but only until we exited LAX's secured area. The plane ride out to California was pretty standard. Jordyn was so tired that she was cranky and didn't want to sit the entire trip. Donovan was great and then the pilot came on and said that we are landing in LAX on time. Right when the pilot told the flight attendants to prepare for landing, Donovan fell asleep. Roxy was the only one that stayed in her seat and read the whole time. But once the three of them saw Grandma and Papa, the cramped plane ride was long forgotten and they were too excited to notice that they were exhausted. So starts our week....

We all slept great and got up Sunday morning to get ready to pack up the motor home and head to the beach. The kids all loved the ride out to San Clemente and wish we would ride in a motor home all the time. The threat of rain made everyone worry about the sleeping arrangements but I figured we would end up fine and dry. Roxy, Donovan, Dillan, and myself were supposed to be sleeping in a tent for the week but we ended up in the motor home that first night because it starting raining and didn't stop all night! When we went outside to assess the damage the ground had turned to mud and there were puddles in our tent. Wait a second, I forgot the best part. That first night I woke up to Grandma pulling Jojo from my arms and leaning her over the kitchen sink. Jordyn was about to throw up and indeed did throw up into the sink. Roxann had thrown up all over herself a few minutes early but didn't wake up. Grandma took Jordyn with her and Donovan ended up with Mommy. He got up about three or four times that night to throw up in the bathroom. Needless to say it was a pretty miserable night. Donovan spent all day Monday and most of Tuesday in the trailer and watched movies while the bug passed.
Tuesday night we had a fire and played a fun game with the kids. Someone would sing a song and then everyone had to guess what movie it was from. Most, if not all, were from Disney movies. Roxy is pretty good at that game. She really enjoyed herself as did I. Reminiscing with my uncles, aunts, cousins, and siblings was so much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We got to sleep in the tent that night and thankfully no throwing up. We finally got to take Donovan down to the beach. The weather was still chilly but we went anyway and the kids had a great time! Jordyn loved playing in the sand while Donovan and Roxy raced the tide all afternoon. One time the water won and Roxy was knocked off her feet. She whimpered a little only because she was cold and not injured. Donovan's illness came back that night and he spent the next morning in the trailer while the rest of the kids played outside. Uncle Chad and Papa took training wheels off of Dillan's bike and they taught Roxy how to ride without them. She actually did really well but loved the Razor scooter a whole lot more. She let me know that she wants one of those scooters for Christmas. We will see because it's only March and that list changes every week. Donovan recovered from his illness and played outside while Grandma and Papa became ill and tried to take it easy for the rest of the trip. As a group we decided to pack up a day early and head back to Grandma and Papa's house. We got back just in time to find out that SDSU lost to UConn and BYU lost in overtime....boo hoo. The next day Kim introduced me to Cafe' Rio and it was delicious. Then we ended up in Upland and I couldn't believe how different the area looked. I only recognize little things here and there now and that was mainly Euclid. We stopped by GGma and GGpa's home before we headed back down to Grandma and Papa's home. The kids were introduced to the Wii and loved every second of it.
We had to get up early to get to LAX on time. When we got there they wouldn't let me bring one of my bags onto the flight because of the size and they also told me that I was now past the check bag time so I was going to have to be re booked. I decided to leave my bag with my parents and fit as much clothes and I possibly could into all our carry-ons. We made it to the gate right while the last group was boarding and we made our way to the very back of the plane. The best part of the flight was the movie they were showing was Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I thought it was a good movie but the kids were very bored with it. Jordyn had about five or six breakdowns but luckily everyone around us were very kind and were very patient. Daddy meet us at the airport and before we knew it we were eating at Shogun and happy to be home. Roxy told me that she wants us to move to California and buy the house next to Grandma and Papa's. I told her that I would have to let Mrs. Atkins know that Roxy wouldn't be back to her class and that changed Roxy's mind real fast. Donovan cried saying that he didn't want to go home but I reminded him that Miss Jenny would miss him in her class. He also changed his mind really quickly and was happy to go home. 
Next trip is in May but Daddy will be with us so hopefully things will run a lot smoother. Grandma and Papa made this past trip easy for us and we appreciate all they did for us. We miss our cousins too and can't wait to see them again. They were so sweet to us and shared all their toys and heped us learn some of Papa's Wii games. Hopefully we will see them in July and hopefully no one will be sick! 


No comments: